Thursday, May 31, 2012

Easy Crockpot Turkey Meatballs

I found this recipe on pinterest a while back.  Here's a link to the site that the recipe comes from.


I'm on the lookout for really simple & easy meals for the summer.  For this one, you just throw these ingredients into the crockpot.  A jar of chili sauce & a jar of grape jelly.  Mix them together & then add frozen turkey meatballs.  Cook on low for 2-5 hours.


They can be served over rice or egg noodles.  

I have the most awesome, crockpot, you guys.  It is hunter green & has a beautiful ivy motif on the side.  It is lovely.  I chickened out on showing you a photo of it.  But it works & truly that's all that matters to me.  :)


Now, I realize that these meatballs are not the most nutritious.  I skipped out or serving them with rice or noodles because we are trying to cut back our carbs around here.  I couldn't pass up these beautiful vegetables though when I saw them on my weekly shopping trip to Fresh & Easy.  So I heated them up & called it good!


Do you have any go to summer meals that are easy to prepare & that everybody in the family will eat?

5 comments:

chanel said...

oh my goodness, i kid you not these meatballs were one of the first things i learned to make in Home Ec. in 7th grade! Is that so funny? they're good though huh? those veggies are making me jealous! oh i wish F&E would come here!

ive been making this amazing yummy Chinese chicken lately, i'll send the recipe, it is easy and ridiculously delicious!! and i didn't find it on pinterest, can you imagine??

your crockpot is hot.

Brenda said...

Haha, looks like my crockpot. Such a lovely green. My husband said mine is so ugly, that if he saw it at a church potluck he wouldn't eat out of it. But it still works great (although I am on the lookout for a more modern one at a yard sale this summer).

craftmates said...

Hi Candace,

I've been a long time follower of your blog and made throw pillow covers from your tutorial.

I recently started a blog with 3 of my crafty friends. I hope you can come visit our blog. Here's the link:

http://craftmatesetc.blogspot.ca/

Thanks so much,
Virna

Heather said...

YUM! I've had those meatballs before and they are good! Be grateful for your fancy ivy crockpot...we've been married 14 years and just broke our THIRD crockpot. That's right, we've gone through 3 crock pots in 14 years. They always break on me, the lid or the pot. I think I need one made out of titanium!

sugar chen said...

To date, mens glasses make the most of this kind of scantiness and make all of their method to the highest ranking regarding men's favourite embellishment in one cerebrovascular event.

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...